- The Gold Country Lacrosse Scholarship Fund has been established for families whose finances make it difficult to participate in our lacrosse program.
- Parents of players who wish to apply for a scholarship may do so using the application in the documents section below.
- All applications will be viewed by the GCL Board and be kept confidential.
- Because the Fund has finite resources, assistance is limited to those families most in need. Participation in the Free or Reduced School Lunch Program and/or PG&E CARE or FERA programs will be used to establish need.
- Families not eligible, but experiencing special financial circumstances, may appeal for scholarship assistance.
- Full or partial scholarships may be awarded, though the standard award is half of registration dues for qualified families.
- Families receiving a scholarship will be required to participate in fundraising activities and fill a volunteer position for the club during the season.
- Scholarship recipients are required to be active participants.
- Items not covered by scholarship:
- US Lacrosse membership – paid directly to US Lacrosse
- Equipment (some loaner equipment may be available)
- Any travel or extra uniform expenses
- DEADLINE FOR SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS IS 12/15/23.
How to Apply
Register your player. When you come to the payment portion, select "I am applying for a scholarship". You will not be charged to register.
To apply for the scholarship, please download the GCL Scholarship Application below. Once complete, submit to our Registrar at email@example.com
Applications must be received within one calendar week of your registration date.
After your application has been reviewed and your scholarship amount has been decided, you will be invoiced for your portion of the dues.
All registration fees are due by 1/15/24